Important Update from Maurice Blackburn Lawyers...more
AED Legal Centre Staff provide the following
- Negotiate workplace solutions between employees with a disability and employers
- Educate employees with disability on their employment rights
- Draft complaints of discrimination or applications of unlawful termination of employment
- Provide legal representation at: Australian Human Rights Commission, Fair Work Australia, Federal Court, Victorian Equal Opportunity and Human Rights Commission, Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal, and the Magistrates Court.
- Provide assistance and support with 'whole life issues' that have an impact on education and employment
- Provide legal advice on offers of payments under the BSWAT Payment Scheme
- The NDIS Appeals Program
- The Night of Justice Program
- The Student Placement Program
AED Legal Centre give priority to the following cases:
- Unlawful termination of employment
- Jobs in jeopardy
- Special modifications in the workplace
- Wages and working conditions
- Disclosure of disability
- Bullying or harassment
- Cases that are in the public interest
AED believes in the right to quality education by children with a disability in primary, secondary and tertiary settings.
We give priority cases involving students who experience exclusion or discrimination in accessing or participating in education.